Frequently Asked Questions
|Help with Learning Ally (formerly RFB&D) AudioPlus® DAISY books|
1. Do I have to order my materials from USIMAC? No.
LEAs are welcome to procure/produce the materials on their own. However, the materials must be procured or produced by someone that will meet the accessible needs of the student. If a District chooses to procure or produce the items themselves they will then be responsible for 100% of the cost. Once you are opted into USIMAC services, you can receive services for all of your eligible students with no additional costs. For questions regarding our opt in program, or to check if your school district has already opted into our program, please e-mail email@example.com
- All USIMAC Braillist and Braille Proofreaders are LOC Certified in Literary, Nemeth and UEB.
- All materials created by USIMAC are put through a rigorous double proofreading process to ensure accuracy.
- Once you are opted into USIMAC services, you can receive services for all of your eligible students with no additional costs. For questions regarding our opt in program, or to check if your school district has already opted into our program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If I have a Bookshare or Learning Ally (RFB&D) account, do I have to have my books downloaded through USIMAC? No.
If your District already has an account, you are welcome to download the books yourself and burn them to a CD or place them on an SD card. This is a service that USIMAC provides to help with the technical production. (Keep in mind that if you choose to use USIMAC, this service would be covered under our opt in program)
All Large Print materials must be scanned and cleaned up using a computer process to eliminate any unclean lines or excess “garbage” that could potentially confuse the student. This process makes the printed line clean and readable.
5. Do I need to order and pay for an entire textbook or can I just order the chapters that the student needs? You can just order the chapters needed. This is a great option if were working on a strict timeline (less than 8 weeks notice) If possible, we highly recommend acquiring a syllabus for each student’s class ahead of time in order to best determine which chapters are needed. You can order either the entire book or just the chapters the student needs.
Book orders are processed and produced in the order they are received, so even though it can take up to 3 months to complete a book, production may not begin on every book as soon as it is received.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone on our customer service line at (801) 629-4706 or 801-629-4783